Website Creation Considerations
What do your visitors / prospects / customers want from your website?
Create a website to suit your visitors.
- What are visitors searching for
- How will you layout your products and services
- What sort of interactions do visitors expect
Visitors Searching for your Website
- How will a visitor get to your website? Internet Search, Links, Email, Social Media, Advertising.
- What words and phrases will prospects use to search for your website? Frequently asked questions.
- Which phrases will bring in the most appropriate website traffic? E.g. Buy product, profession service location.
- Appropriate keywords can be the difference between a popular or unpopular website. Try Google Search , Google Trends or Answer The Public.
Which phrases variations are the most popular and appropriate for your website.
- Know your website keywords in advance of creating your own website.
- Will your website domain name be a company name (www.youcompany.com) or something relating to your main keyword phrase (www.fastwidgets.com)?
The Checklist document below includes a Website Customer Keywords Checklist.
Website Products and Services
- How do you want to arrange your online products and services? Draw it. Refine it.
- Use keywords for categories in your website. List them.
- Each product or service will need a text description and an image. Some images can be sourced from Canva or iStockPhoto
- If you are shipping physical goods then product dimensions and weight would be required. E.g. eCommerce or Google Shopping.
- How would you like customers to book your services? Contact form, Email, Telephone, Social Media message.
The Checklist document below includes a Website Design Checklist that influences what sort of website you will build.
Create a Website for your Customers and Interactions
|Customer Internet Browsing Device
|Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone. Different screen sizes and resolutions.
|Responsive web pages are needed or seperate web pages depending on device type. About 50% of traffic will not be from a computer.
|How to complete jobs information, training information, planning information, best practices etc.
|Does you audience like web pages, images, PDF documents, presentations, audio, video or quizes to test knowledge.
What could you provide?
|Could you interact with customers by providing an online form, download file, survey, online calculator, forum, social media, instant message, one page application or website search etc.
|How much time will be needed on the development / business side to handle these interactions. Perhaps test one at a time.
|Do you want customers to buy physical or digital products from your website? Would you like online clients with logins?
|A SSL (secure socket layer) certificate is needed for handling customer and payment information. Plugins will be needed for membership services.
|Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
|Do you need your website to handle prospects, nurturing, leads, sales coversion and customers?
|CRM can work from within your website or interact from a cloud software as a service. Several system integrations may be required.
The Checklist document below includes Website Customer, Customer Keywords and Website Design Checklists or progress to Create a Web Page
- Use Technology Efficiently
- [email protected]
Copyright © 2019 www.matthewb.id.au. All Rights Reserved