Hot Water Efficient Tap-ware
Replace a shower head for a water efficient one and Save 55% in water and associated heating costs.
Install tap aerators and Save 75% in water and associated heating costs.
Hot Water Use Consumption Calculation
Fill in the first 2 columns. Use 0 if not applicable.
Solar Hot Water Considerations
- A larger water tank can take compensate for a cloudy day causing lower solar water heating.
- Size the solar collector for your hot water consumption and average daily solar radiation.
- The best aspect for solar panels is facing the equator (Northern hemisphere face south, Southern hemisphere face north).
- The ideal pitch angle equals to your location latitude.
- Special considerations are needed in frost or snow areas.
- Instantaneous gas heating can be used after the hot water tank to make up any shortfall in water temperature.
- Become familar with any government rebates available. E.g. $1600 is available in Australia.
- Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) can be sold after installation of solar hot water in some countries (~$1000-$2000).
- List of solar hot water systems with REC rebates
- Solar zones in Australia that alter REC rebates
|Where is your hot water energy consumption going?||Does this type of Solar Hot Water System suit you?|
Calculate all possible energy efficient activities and see which ones are easiest to implement and get the best return on investment.
Matthewb Homepage | Solar Energy Section | Solar Power Calculation | Solar Powered Lighting | Solar Thermal Power Calculation
Concentrated Solar Power | Convert water litres gallons pints ounces | Hot Water Use Calculator | Energy Saving Tips
Non Evacuated Tube Solar Hot Water Calculator | Building Electrical Energy Measurement | How to Save Electricity Calculator