Page 1 of 11
Voice Over Internet Protocol
What is VOIP?
Routing of voice conversations over the Internet or through any other IP-based network.
Why use VOIP?
- Cheaper telecommunications
- Less phone line rental
- Less wiring required
- “Free” phone calls in some situations
- Video conferencing possibilities
- Branch offices may not need a PABX
- Use Wifi bridges to connect phone system
VOIP status now
- IP capable PBX becoming dominant
- Skype have over 100 million users
- VOIP service market increasing 62% / year
- SA Government has VOIP enabled PBX
- New Zealand Govt. had VOIP enabled PBX
- Next >>